Osaka - Kyoto
This is a one-way ticket between Kameoka Station and Saga Station on the Sagano Romantic Train, a popular sightseeing spot in Kyoto. You can choose a plan from Kameoka Station or from Saga Station. Travel 7.3 km each way at a leisurely pace of approximately 25 minutes. Originally, the track was used by small freight cars for transporting luggage, so it runs slowly through places where ordinary trains cannot enter. Enjoy cherry blossoms in spring, fresh greenery in summer, autumn leaves in autumn, and dry fields and snowy landscapes in winter. You can enjoy Kyoto in every season.
- You can ride smoothly if you make a reservation in advance during consecutive holidays such as Golden Week and the autumn leaves season.
- The Sagano Romantic Train, which connects Arashiyama and Kameoka, is a sightseeing train where you can enjoy the seasonal scenery of Sagano, such as fresh greenery and autumn leaves.
- From inside the train, you can enjoy the beauty of each season, such as cherry blossoms in spring, fresh greenery in summer, and maple trees in autumn.
Section: From Saga to Kameoka｜One-way ticket
- The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased varies depending on the number of travellers. Please note that if you purchase more than the maximum number, you will not be able to purchase it.
- Maximum number of each purchase ▷ 1 adult: 4 ▷ 1 adult + 1 child: 2 ▷ 1 adult + 2 children & 2 adults + 1 child: 1
- Adults: Junior high school students and older; Children: Elementary school students
- 1 baby is free with every adult and child. However, a child fare is required for toddlers (1 to 6 years old) and babies (under 1 year old) to occupy a seat.
- Please note that it is not possible to reserve seats in advance.
- Discount services such as discounts for people with disabilities cannot be used online. Please purchase at the local counter.
- Please see here for the E-ticket usage flow. (Japanese only)
- Sagano No.2 Departs at 09:30am
- Sagano No.4 Departs at 10:30am
- Sagano No.6 Departs at 11:30am
- Sagano No.8 Departs at 12:30pm
- Sagano No.10 Departs at 1:30pm
- Sagano No.12 Departs at 2:30pm
- Sagano No.14 Departs at 3:30pm
- Sagano No.16 Departs at 4:30pm
- Sagano No.82 Departs at 5:43pm
What You Can Expect
- Sagano Romantic Train -
The Sagano Romantic Train runs on the former Sanin Main Line, which was discontinued due to the double-track electrification of the JR Sanin Main Line. The Art Deco style train with bright yellow and black patterns on its red body runs 7.3 km from Saga Torokko Station, which is adjacent to JR Saga-Arashiyama Station, to Kameoka Torokko Station, taking about 25 minutes.
The train journey is thrilling with 50 bridges and 8 tunnels. A new landscape awaits you every time you pass through the tunnel. The Sagano Romantic Train runs along the Hozu River. Whether you sit on the left or right, you can enjoy the beautiful view of the Hozu River. You can enjoy the cherry blossom tunnel in spring, the fresh greenery and murmuring of the river in summer, the gorgeous autumn leaves in autumn, and the dry fields and snowy landscape in winter. You can enjoy Kyoto in every season.Don't miss the tunnel of 700 cherry blossom trees planted along the route during the spring season!